Monday 4 April 2011

Third Week of Rehearsals

A frustrating time for me because I am not able to go along daily to see how the production is progressing.

I am in touch by email, text and phone and all seems to be going fine. In any case, I have to accept that my job is pretty much done and it is time to let go.

By Thursday evening I am well enough to meet with Andy Smith, the sound designer at the Octagon, and we spend an enjoyable hour or so sorting out the music that will accompany the film footage between the scenes.

On Saturday morning I drop-in on a run-through, described by David as ‘an adventure’. It is strange to see the play up and running after a week and a half away from rehearsals. There is a greater depth to a number of the performances and I find myself laughing out loud several times as well as having a lump in my throat in the final scene. Although there is still some work to be done, the play itself seems to be standing up pretty well.